Can I apply for a refund using the EVA Web site?
If you purchased the ticket on the EVA Web site, it can be refunded through our online system. The refund will be promptly processed once we receive your refund request.Any applicable refund service charge and No-Show fee will be deducted from the amount
refunded.We'll process your refund back to the original credit card within 7 working days (it should appear on your statement in 1-2 billing cycles). For cash and check purchases, we’ll process your refund within 20 working days after receiving a complete
refund request. If your original ticket has been reissued, refund application will be unable to process. Please contact EVA local ticketing counter toapply refund.
What form of payment is accepted for online booking?
Form of payment
Passenger can book online using the following method of payments. Options may be vary in different departure markets. Please see the Payment page for more details.
Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Diners Club
Notes: To be accepted, your credit card must have the card number and card holder’s name stamped into it. Please type your first and last names exactly as they appear on the credit card.
Other Methods of Payment:
- PayPal (note 1)
- Union Pay
- ATM (note 2)
- PayPal (note 3)
- Alipay (note 3)
- Google Pay / Apple Pay (note 4)
Note 1: In compliance with laws and regulations, all PayPal accounts registered in Taiwan are temporarily suspended as forms of payment.
Note 2: Available only for passengers departing from Taiwan. To ensure a successful transaction, please check your chip-card balance. A single-day transfer limit of NT$ 1000,000 applies to transactions, in compliance with Taiwan banking regulations concerning
internet sales. If your balance is insufficient, please use a credit card.
- Please register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode if your card issuer offers these online security features.
- If you are using a debit card issued in China, please make sure the issuing bank has authorized the card for online use.
- To prevent unauthorized card use, we support the Visa / Mastercard with Verified by Visa or MasterCard's Secure Codes only. We cannot accept VISA/Mastercard corporate cards.
Note 4: Only available for passengers departing from Taiwan , and with credit card issued in Taiwan."
Can I use my credit card to buy a ticket for someone else?
Yes, so long as that person is traveling on the same flight with you. If you, as the credit card holder, will not be among the travel party, you must present your credit card and passport/ legally acceptable photo ID to EVA Air and sign an indemnity form.
This can be done in one of two ways:
- Visit any EVA Air office during business hours and at least 48 hours before the passenger's scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card, passport/ legally acceptable photo ID and sign an
Indemnity of Payment form.
- Visit the EVA Air counter at the airport at least one hour before scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card, passport/ legally acceptable photo ID and sign an
Indemnity of Payment form.
How many infant tickets can be purchased online? What are some other requirements?
An infant does not occupy a seat and must be less than 2 years old for the entire journey. Each infant must travel with an adult 16 years or older, so the number of infant tickets purchased must be equal or less than that of adult tickets purchased.