Can I use my credit card to buy a ticket for someone else?
Yes, so long as that person is traveling on the same flight with you. If you, as the credit card holder, will not be among the travel party, you must present your credit card and passport/ legally acceptable photo ID to EVA Air and sign an indemnity form.
This can be done in one of two ways:
- Visit any EVA Air office during business hours and at least 48 hours before the passenger's scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card, passport/ legally acceptable photo ID and sign an
Indemnity of Payment form.
- Visit the EVA Air counter at the airport at least one hour before scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card, passport/ legally acceptable photo ID and sign an
Indemnity of Payment form.
EVA Air Online Booking system requires filling up both, the last and first name for passenger. Can I purchase ticket(s) if I only have one name, i.e. Khishnamurti?
Yes, please enter your name in both sections, first name and last name to complete the transaction. I.e. First name: Khishnamurti and Last name: Khishnamurti.
What form of payment is accepted for online booking?
Form of payment
Passenger can book online using the following method of payments. Options may be vary in different departure markets. Please see the Payment page for more details.
Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Diners Club
Notes: To be accepted, your credit card must have the card number and card holder’s name stamped into it. Please type your first and last names exactly as they appear on the credit card.
Other Methods of Payment:
- PayPal (note 1)
- Union Pay
- ATM (note 2)
- PayPal (note 3)
- Alipay (note 3)
- Google Pay / Apple Pay (note 4)
Note 1: In compliance with laws and regulations, all PayPal accounts registered in Taiwan are temporarily suspended as forms of payment.
Note 2: Available only for passengers departing from Taiwan. To ensure a successful transaction, please check your chip-card balance. A single-day transfer limit of NT$ 1000,000 applies to transactions, in compliance with Taiwan banking regulations concerning
internet sales. If your balance is insufficient, please use a credit card.
- Please register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode if your card issuer offers these online security features.
- If you are using a debit card issued in China, please make sure the issuing bank has authorized the card for online use.
- To prevent unauthorized card use, we support the Visa / Mastercard with Verified by Visa or MasterCard's Secure Codes only. We cannot accept VISA/Mastercard corporate cards.
Note 4: Only available for passengers departing from Taiwan , and with credit card issued in Taiwan."
What is the Air Passenger Duty (APD) tax? How is the Air Passenger Duty (APD) tax identified on a ticket?
The Air Passenger Duty (APD) tax is a tax collected on departures from airports in the United Kingdom (UK). The Air Passenger Duty (APD) tax can be identified as ‘GB’ in the tax break down section of a fare.