Are there any additional travel charges other than the ticket fare (i.e. airport tax) that I have to pay?
There are travel taxes and fees that may be required in addition to your ticket fare. Most of these are set by government authorities or airport operators at arrival and departure points. These taxes and additional charges may be included or excluded in
ticket fares, and you may also be required to pay additional taxes or travel charges upon arrival or departure at an airport.
What form of payment is accepted for online booking?
Form of payment
Passenger can book online using the following method of payments. Options may be vary in different departure markets. Please see the Payment page for more details.
Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Diners Club
Notes: To be accepted, your credit card must have the card number and card holder’s name stamped into it. Please type your first and last names exactly as they appear on the credit card.
Other Methods of Payment:
- PayPal (note 1)
- Union Pay
- ATM (note 2)
- PayPal (note 3)
- Alipay (note 3)
- Google Pay / Apple Pay (note 4)
Note 1: In compliance with laws and regulations, all PayPal accounts registered in Taiwan are temporarily suspended as forms of payment.
Note 2: Available only for passengers departing from Taiwan. To ensure a successful transaction, please check your chip-card balance. A single-day transfer limit of NT$ 1000,000 applies to transactions, in compliance with Taiwan banking regulations concerning
internet sales. If your balance is insufficient, please use a credit card.
- Please register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode if your card issuer offers these online security features.
- If you are using a debit card issued in China, please make sure the issuing bank has authorized the card for online use.
- To prevent unauthorized card use, we support the Visa / Mastercard with Verified by Visa or MasterCard's Secure Codes only. We cannot accept VISA/Mastercard corporate cards.
Note 4: Only available for passengers departing from Taiwan , and with credit card issued in Taiwan."
How will I know when my ticket has been issued?
As soon as you complete and confirm your booking, a reservation reference number and ticket number will be displayed on the screen immediately or such information will be provided by e-mail afterwards.
Can I use my credit card to buy a ticket for someone else?
Yes, so long as that person is traveling on the same flight with you. If you, as the credit card holder, will not be among the travel party, you must present your credit card and passport/ legally acceptable photo ID to EVA Air and sign an indemnity form.
This can be done in one of two ways:
- Visit any EVA Air office during business hours and at least 48 hours before the passenger's scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card, passport/ legally acceptable photo ID and sign an
Indemnity of Payment form.
- Visit the EVA Air counter at the airport at least one hour before scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card, passport/ legally acceptable photo ID and sign an
Indemnity of Payment form.
If your credit card transaction has been successfully authorized through Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode or American Express SafeKey® or JCB J/Secure, you will NOT be required to present the credit card upon check-in at the airport. In addition,
the cardholder does NOT need to be one of the travel companions.(However, if you have only entered the 3- (or 4-) digit card verification code on the back (or front) of the credit card, then you will still be required to present your credit card at the airport.)
For any abnormal credit card transaction upon purchasing, an email will be sent to the email address provided as notification of the transaction error. We have the right to request the passenger/credit card holder to present the credit card used upon purchasing
or the passenger/credit card holder may be requested to pay the flight ticket in cash before taking the flight.